May 28, 2020
Come In – We Are Open!
WNCM is reopening for regular care! Chiropractic services will be available for all patients starting Monday, June 1. Massage therapy will be opening gradually over the next few weeks, as the individual therapists are ready to go. Please contact your RMT regarding an appointment.
For the last few months, we have only been available for acute/emergency care. That has left most of you delaying your care and managing your health without your team of therapists. We want to thank you for your efforts to help flatten the curve. It is now time to get you back in shape!
WNCM has been hard at work preparing the clinic for when we open for regular in-person appointments. As per the guidelines from our regulatory bodies, we have made modifications to the office and our policies to ensure the safety of our patients, staff and therapists.
Here is what you need to know:
1. The entry way, waiting areas and all treatment spaces have been cleared, thoroughly cleaned and organized to allow for social distancing. We have rearranged the office so there is a separate entrance and exit to allow for better flow through the office. (You all get to now see the pet side of the office, as that is where you will be entering the clinic.)
2. We have installed a glass barrier at the front desk and floor markings to help you know where to stand. Office personnel will be escorting you through the clinic so that you can orient to the new layout.
3. All patients will be screened on the phone and prior to entering the clinic. The screening questions are posted on our website – https://www.wncm.ca/screening-questionnaire-covid-19/. The questions are also posted on the front door of the clinic. Please read the questions before entering the clinic and verbally provide your answer to the staff at the front door.
4. All people will be expected to wear a mask for the duration of their time in the building. If you do not have a mask or forget yours, masks can be purchased for $1.50 + tax upon entering the clinic. Here is a video on how to wear your mask. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qilLP_UnaHg
5. Please attend your appointment alone; no guests or children will be permitted (for now). Families, who live together and are being treated, can come as one unit and will need to stay together while in the clinic.
6. You will be greeted at the front door by staff. If there is not personnel at the door, please be patient, we will be there shortly.
7. You will have your temperature taken upon entering the clinic. Anyone with a fever (38°C or above) will not be treated at that time. You will be asked to return home and take the COVID -19 self-assessment questionnaire (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/) and to act accordingly.
8. There will be hand sanitizer at the front vestibule and throughout the clinic for your use.
9. All staff, including your provider, the admin team and the assistants will be wearing PPE (personal protective equipment) and will be following protocols for personal and clinic hygiene.
10. Practitioner schedules have been adjusted to allow suitable time for proper cleaning and disinfecting between treatments.
11. We ask that payments be electronic (no cash or cheques please). We can send your statements via email so there is no paper to take with you.
12. Practitioners have updated all their equipment in order to provide you with a safe but comfortable treatment.
Thank you for your continued patronage to WNCM during these unprecedented times. We are looking forward to seeing you all soon!
All of us at WNCM
May 25, 2020
Until we are able to re-open the clinic, we wanted to share some links that we hope will be helpful for our patients.
COVID-19 Symptoms Reference – from the Ontario Ministry of Health, May 11, 2020
Massage therapy for the sitting culture – we hope this helps many of you who are working from home.
A collection of home exercise videos – in case it’s time for a change
Massage therapy for pain-free chores – with warmer weather comes gardening and other chores
Managing at home – a guide to help you manage at home and know when to seek help
How to wear a surgical or procedure mask – reusable or homemade masks should be washed instead of thrown out, but the rest of these tips apply to all masks
How to put on and take off disposable gloves – to avoid contamination
May 14, 2020
WNCM IS NOT PART OF PHASE 1 OPENING
Unfortunately, chiropractic and massage were not included in the province’s Phase 1 opening announced today.
We are hopeful that we will be part of the next phase of opening up the province and that the next stage will happen soon.
Please continue to monitor this website and our Facebook page for more updates.
When the clinic is able to open, it won’t quite be business as usual. The College of Chiropractors of Ontario has published a preliminary Patient Guide for Returning to Treatment – check it out to see what to expect when we are finally able to see you again.
We miss you all and can’t wait to see you!
March 20, 2020
As you are probably already aware, the Waterloo North Chiropractic & Massage clinic closed on March 16, 2020 in accordance with recommendations from both the Ontario Ministry of Health and the Chiropractic College of Ontario.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, the clinic will remain closed until further notice. If you have an upcoming appointment, please assume it is cancelled unless you have heard otherwise. Please watch for updates on our website blog, Facebook page and phone message about when we will reopen. We will be back just as soon as we can!
For our staff’s safety, we will not have reception available during the closure. We are doing our best to check in with the clinic email and phone regularly and respond to any urgent questions. We all have family lives to balance as well, so please be patient.
We are still available to offer support and guidance. We are available for phone consultations, please call the office at 519-746-3838. You may continue to email us at any time for further advice!
*IF your pain is severe or acute in nature, our regulatory bodies have provided some leeway with our ability to treat patients with extreme discomfort, or those whose condition may worsen without care. We are, however, taking the recommendations for self-isolation very seriously and each practitioner will make a final decision on a case-by-case basis. If you feel your situation is emergent and requires in-person care, you will be required to answer COVID-19 screening questions in order to assess threat of transmission. This precaution allows us to minimize risk for all patients requiring emergency services after your visit, as well as their families and the community.
Please do not hesitate to contact your individual practitioner and they will do their best to accommodate your care.
We have truly missed all of you over these weeks, and we can’t wait to open our (*very sanitized*) doors back up to resume helping you to live healthily and happily!
The entire team at Waterloo North Chiropractic & Massage